(note to the reader, this is a copy righted item and can not be linked or copied without the consent from the author) copy righted 2005 Nada Mansuek
Send my love to all those who died, to Americans, and Iraqi's alike.
There are too many to count, and write down.
So I'm sorry if I missed your name.
To anyone who lost one of your own
Just remember that you're still alive.
Rest well uncle, Allah (God) has you now.
They're already dead.
We got only a short broken phone call when they pronounced him dead. It shouldn't have come as a surprise. After all what was to be expected when George Bush declared his war on Iraq. From that day, we all thought that it would be fine, that the world would stand up and fight the American President...but even his own people proofed to be powerless, no matter how many demanded he stop. And so, it shouldn't have been a shock to me, to my mom or my dad, when my aunt called to say that my uncle was dead. He had been blasted into skin and blood by one of the bombs that 'accidentally' hit a civilian area.
It's funny, it was right after his press conference stating that 'some accidents are going to happen, it's unavoidable....' I should've known than what he meant. But I'm not mad. I really am not. I mean, my uncle died horribly, in pain and suffered for 2 days before he died. There wasn't enough space in the hospital, or equipment or water. The hospital had lost power many days before, so there was very little that could be done. Saddam? Well it's hard to say where he was at that time, probably out saving his tyrant ass. All that power and he still couldn't do anything good.
But Mr. Bush isn't better I suppose. I mean, a sixth of him is owned by my Saudi Arabian blood. But unlike his friends, I'm not rich and war hungry, I have a soul. Who else died that day? Oh yeah, a couple of US soldiers, who were fooled and tricked into going to War. They trained, put themselves in harms way, for nothing. For a war that George isn't really fighting. They were brave men, who died, leaving their children to cry. How many of Mr. Bush's family is in Iraq, that's right : Nill. But I'm not bitter, I'm not. Believe me, I'm not. I mean my uncle died, it's done. If he would have died in a war that made sense, it wouldn't hurt so much to watch my mother cry every night.
She looks at pictures of her brother. She often ask's my dad, if there is some way that my aunt was mistaken. Maybe Uncle Abbas is still alive. It's sad really. For my uncle, his family and the soldiers and their families. What was President Bush thinking? Oh that's right he wasn't. Most of the American people, well at least 49percent have sent their sympathies and love, I have yet to hear from the rest of the 51percent who voted for Bush and his war. Last time CNN reported, they all liked Bush and thought his war was good.
It's for oil, it's for pay back, it's for religion, it's for all the wrong reasons. Terrorists? Well they are many known camps in Ethiopia and France, why isn't Mr. Bush busting in there and taking over their ass. Come to think of it, majority of the terrorists are in your own backyard. They're the ones you don't know about, the ones that are not Arab. They are the KKK and the pedophiles, murderers, rapist, and child molesters. It's in the eyes of the homeless, the broken hearted orphans, and the prostitutes mothers. Can't he see there is so much he needs to fix at home first? I'm not a terrorist, I'm actually part of a modern home, but I am a Muslim. But what have I done wrong? All I did was grow up in this country, pay taxes when I started to work, volunteer to the Red Cross on Saturdays; give donation every month to the battered women funds; and send peace and love to all my neighbors (even those who are strangers).
But when I was attacked in the broad day light by a Christian man, raped and left in the park, did I vow War on them? Did I announce to the world that all Christian men are scum? In the end, he told the police that 'if these brownies wanna live here, they should know what's gonna happen to them'.
But it's a war, Dick said, deaths are gonna happen. I wrote to Mr. Bush, asking him to stop, I have yet to hear from him or anyone else. I wanted to help my family, the other families in Iraq, but what's the point, I realize now, they're already dead.
muslim, houselocal, feb, vancouver, cknw, muslims, prophet, muhammed, organizers, worldwide, demonstrations, published, cartoons, depicting, luquman, shaheen, ahmadiyya, bc, opposes, protests, quot, misguided, leaders, torching, embassies, encourages, educate, teachings, islam, http, news_local, cfm, rem, apbiny, wids, gi, gm,
More Islam Muslim BLOG